I am very happy to be posting that I’m currently looking for an event assistant to work with me on a number of up-coming projects relating to my ‘day’ job. I have a contract with an agency to manage all logistical aspects of certain training courses that take place in the Meath/ Kildare area and I am looking for someone to work with me on one week-long conference this year – at the beginning of October – and up to 15 conferences in 2014 with a view to more work in the coming years.
The Event Assistant would work with me to ensure the practical and organisational aspects of the conferences; to ensure participants are well informed about the training activities/ training/ traveling schedules/ food/ accommodation etc and would also prepare training packs in advance of the sessions.
So first off, the essential requirements:
– A university degree (Bachelor of three years or more) or a secondary degree and 2 years of relevant professional experience.
– Ideally, should be able to drive as the venue is not well served by public transport
– Should be registered as self-employed or willing to register as self-employed in order to invoice their time to the client/ agency.
– European languages are not essential, but helpful.
– Proficient in all MS applications, in particular Power Point, Word and Excel.
– Can work remotely in the lead up to a session.
The ideal candidate will be well organised, punctual, friendly, helpful, work under their own initiative and not be intimidated by large groups of people. The role is quite flexible so requires someone who can adapt to changing responsibilities. During the sessions, we could conceivably be on site from 8 am until 10pm each day, so please only apply if that is acceptable.
Please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org